Day 25: London Calling.
I could wax poetic about our time in London, but will instead hold the intimate details of our every meal and sightseeing location for another time. In all honesty though, Vance summed it up well, "In many ways, London seems so familiar." I felt the same.
While exploring a new city is always fun and exciting, there was something even more welcoming and natural about London. Maybe it's because the skyline isn't quite so imposing, or maybe we just lucked out with beautiful weather and friendly people.
Highlights, for us:
- Tate Modern Art Museum, the building alone was a work
- Lahore Kebab House, Indian food I'm still dreaming about
- British Library, amazing manuscripts and old documents
- National Gallery, a Van Gogh in person is inspiring
- Big Ben at Sunset, the light! the clouds! the majesty!
- Harrods, because cool stuff, so much cool stuff
- Our Airbnb, like the commercial, it really felt like home