Day 130: A Roman Weekend.
Our final days (and final hours) of our time in Italy were spent in Rome! The Eternal City has so much to do and we tried our best to see as much as our little feet would let us.
A few of the old favorites definitely didn't disappoint: The Colosseum. The Roman Forum. The Pantheon. Trevi Fountain, of course.
But also, a few new things that we both really enjoyed:
- Circus Maximus Farmer's Market, and pumpkin soup.
- St. Peter's Basilica, a return visit but still impressive.
- Dinner in Piazza Repubblica, and my first carbonara!
- Colosseum at Night, all light up and it couldn't feel more epic.
- Staying in a Hotel, bc breakfast waiting for you is the best.
Italy was slightly familiar ground for me. The food, the art, the sights - I couldn't help but be reminded of wonderful times first seeing and experiencing them back in college. But what was even better was being able to experience them again, with a little more life under my belt, and a little more appreciation for it all.
But mostly, it's just fun to be able to turn to your best friend and say, "Isn't this awesome?!," and know that you'll both share that memory for a long time.