Day 152: Parisian Thanksgiving.
We were thankful to be in Paris over the holiday weekend, which meant vacation days for Vance and more time for exploring around the city.
While we were down to a matter of days in such a massive place filled with so many wonderful things to see and do, we had to be selective, pace ourselves and pick the things that were most interesting to us both. There could be worse problems to have.
Things we saw/did/enjoyed:
- Jardens de Tuileries, and people watching.
- Musee d'Orsay, bc we both love the impressionists!
- Walking along the Seine, and the feeling of fall/winter!
- Musee du Louvre, overwhelming yet fascinating.
- Sacre-Coeur, the foggy view felt straight out of Dickens.
- Champs Elysees, and arriving just as the lights came on.
- Eiffel Tower at night, it's really just magical.
We didn't nearly scratch the surface in Paris, particularly in the food/cafe scene. I had a friend in college that, when I lamented about not seeing everything I wanted while traveling, said, "You always have to leave something unseen, that way you'll have a reason to go back."
Definitely hoping that wisdom is true for Paris.